|RAM||2GB + 4GB DDR3|
|Weight||5.66 lbs (2.67 kg)|
I7, GT 650M
Nice deal for the HP dv6t-7000. You get this good looking laptop for around 780$ (before tax and w/ 1080p screen) with I5-3210M and GT 650M GDDR5. The laptop weight is reasonable and its battery performance is relatively good. Also, the 1080p screen is quite good – read the review. If you are not too put back by a glossy screen, the Lenovo Y500 might be a much better option if you are looking for high performance (look below).
However, without the 1080p screen, the dv6t-7000 is probably the fastest for the price with the GT 650M GDDR5 and I5.
- Lenovo Y500 with two GT 650M, I5 and a (glossy) 1080p screen. It’s heavier, battery performance is lower and the screen is glossy, the performance for price is better and the optional ultrabay with additional GT 650M is a big plus. It is more cost effective in terms of performance / price and you can sell the extra ultrabay. However, you won’t get the matte screen of the HP.
- Other gaming laptops between 800$ and 1000$
This laptop might get hot under full load, so I suggest that you consider a cooling pad. But actually, the other laptops too.
That’s what you’ll get with a FullHD screen:
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M Processor (2.5 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz)
- NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR 5 video memory
- FREE Upgrade to 6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 500GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
- No Additional Office Software
- No additional security software
- 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- 15.6-inch diagonal Full High Definition Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)
- SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam
- 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad