The Lenovo Y580 is the new iteration of the Y570. It incorporates the newer and much faster Nvidia GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 GPU, an I7-3610QM CPU, 8gB DDR3 memory, 0.5TB-1TB HDD and in some models, a good FullHD screen.
Highlights (based on the FullHD model)
- Good build quality (although not as the Y570)
- Very good FullHD display (if you buy the FullHD version) with above the average brightness and good contrast + very high 91% sRGB Gamut coverage – very good for designers, for example. Included in the 1000$ model which is a great price for such a price.
- Highest gaming performance for 1000$. Best performance for the price with I7-3610QM and GTX 660M.
- Good battery times (up to 8 hours in very light stress) – more than many others, like the Sager NP6370.
- bluray drive
- Not-the-best cooling system making the Y580 a bit hot when in a real load.
- Build quality of other lid was compromised and is a bit soft. Very disappointing as the Y570 was great.
Lenovo Y580 (209943U), no FullHD screen – Without the FHD screen you can save some money.
[srp srp_number_post_option=’1′ srp_orderby_post_option=’rand’ srp_thumbnail_option=’no’ srp_filter_cat_option=’368′ post_order=’DESC’]