The Lenovo Y580 is the new iteration of the Y570. It incorporates the newer and much faster Nvidia GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 GPU, an I7-3610QM CPU, 8gB DDR3 memory, 0.5TB-1TB HDD and in some models, a good FullHD screen.
Highlights (based on the FullHD model)
- Good build quality (although not as the Y570)
- Very good FullHD display (if you buy the FullHD version) with above the average brightness and good contrast + very high 91% sRGB Gamut coverage – very good for designers, for example. Included in the 1000$ model which is a great price for such a price.
- Highest gaming performance for 1000$. Best performance for the price with I7-3610QM and GTX 660M.
- Good battery times (up to 8 hours in very light stress) – more than many others, like the Sager NP6370.
- bluray drive
- Not-the-best cooling system making the Y580 a bit hot when in a real load.
- Build quality of other lid was compromised and is a bit soft. Very disappointing as the Y570 was great.
Lenovo Y580 (209943U), no FullHD screen - Without the FHD screen you can save some money.
Special Recent Posts
[ENDED] Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 15.6" gaming laptop with I7-3630QM CPU, GTX 660M 2GB GDDR5 GPU, 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ, 1TB 5400RPM HDD, blu-ray *burner* and a good FullHD display for 1007$
April 6th, 2013
The excellent Lenovo Y580 with a blu-ray burner and 500GB 7200RPM HDD. T[...]