Dell Inspiron 7567

Home Forums Gaming Laptops Forum | Just Ask Dell Inspiron 7567

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  EthanStark 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

dave1293
    Participant

Hi Junky, I found a deal on the Inspiron 7567 in Canada with the specs here. With student discount and coupon codes, the cost comes to $1027. I also found a replacement panel which costs about  $100 with shipping. So, the total price comes to $1127 with the laptop and new panel. Do you think this is a good enough deal? The cheapest price for a laptop with a 1050 Ti and a good screen in Canada is over $1300.

junky
    Keymaster

Hi Dave. what are you looking for? the highest gaming performance for money up to $1100-$1200 CAD? any limitation of screen size. weight, and such?

dave1293
    Participant

Hi Junky, I am just looking for a laptop to do schoolwork, watching videos, and gaming. I don’t have much free time to play games anymore, but in my limited free time, I would like to play modern and older RPG games on medium settings with at least 30 fps. I don’t need to play on very high or ultra settings. The only other thing is that I would like it to be 15.6″. Battery life is not a problem since I will mostly use it while plugged in. Also, I am willing to buy an SSD, screen, or more RAM if needed.

The most I can spend on it is $1100 CAD but I would like to spend the least amount of money possible. I would also like to purchase it by the end of this month as I will be looking for a new house to move into.

I am not sure if I need the 1050Ti graphics, but this looked like a good deal and it is futureproof.

junky
    Keymaster

Well, the 1050 Ti is probably fast enough and you’ll enjoy it a lot for such settings, even lower end card. However, the 7567 is problematic because of the screen that is currently not good – it’s a low end TN panel (pretty bad in terms of contrast, colors and viewing angles) and unless you are going to replace the screen yourself as you’ve said, I don’t think you should take it

I’m not familiar with Canadian prices enough to say I know it’s the best option, but if you can find one of the other laptops with GTX 1050 Ti/1060 and even the older GTX 970M, for less and with an IPS display, it might be a better option

I think that if you can wait, maybe the next gen Clevo laptops from Eurocom will be in your reach, but maybe it’s better to go with this Dell.

If you have more options for this price, please let me know

dave1293
    Participant

Thanks for the response. Most laptops with the GTX 1050 that have an IPS display start at $1200 here. So, the Inspiron 7567 having a 1050 Ti is a very nice bonus. Dell also offers coupons and student discounts which makes their laptops a better price.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a good budget GTX 1060 laptop such as the Asus FX502VM in Canada. The cheapest GTX 1060 laptop here was the Alienware 15 for $1400 due to dell coupons. So, I am pretty sure that the GTX 1060 laptops will be out of my budget even when prices drop.

However, in the next few months, there might be a good sale on GTX 1050 laptops with IPS displays with a price of ~$1000 CAD, so I’m not sure if I should wait. Currently, for ~$1000 CAD, there are only GTX 960M laptops with IPS displays. So, right now it looks like the 7567 has the best GPU that I can currently afford and also comes with a SSD all for only $1127 including new panel cost.

junky
    Keymaster

A GTX 1050 will be around 25-30% faster (don’t remember exactly right now, but that’s around it) and the Ti adds around 40% on average, I think, bringing it to the same level of the 970M, more or less

Can you find any refurbished/new laptops with GTX 970M? in the US you can sometimes find laptops like the GE62 with a 970M and an IPS for $800

If you can wait, I say it’s better to wait. Read books in the meanwhile

junky
    Keymaster

Another option – HP Pavilion 15t  with I5-7300HQ and GTX 1050. Anything like that in Canada for a good price?

dave1293
    Participant

Hi Junky, unfortunately that model is only available in USA. It was on sale for $557 USD in January for one week and even with Canada shipping and duties and taxes, it comes out to under $1000 CAD which is cheaper than almost all GTX 960M laptops sold here. However, I did not want to buy it without checking reviews first. The HP turned out to be a good product and I unfortunately missed that deal.

I wanted to reply to let you know that I found another coupon for the Inspiron 7567 which makes the total cost of it come out to $979 with 10% cash back. This seems like a really good price for a laptop with a SSD and a 1050 Ti all for under $1000 CAD. I still intend to replace the screen with an IPS panel.

Do you think its worth the cost now? I don’t think any laptops with a 1050Ti and SSD to be under $1000 CAD anytime soon

junky
    Keymaster

1. Yes, I guess that for $1000 CAD that’s a nice deal (around $750 USD, no?)

2. Is there 10% on top of the $979 price?

3. Replacing the screen yourself has the advantage of you being able to choose it wisely (sort of, most models are not really available)

So I guess that if you want to get a laptop now, that’s a good option in CA

dave1293
    Participant

Yeah, this would be around $750 USD. I think this deal is also on the US website for $750 USD right now. The 10% off is cash back I get from a website just for shopping which I can deposit into PayPal.

I think in a few months, GTX 1060 laptops in Canada might come down to $1300 CAD which is around $950 USD. Is the 1060 worth the $200-300 extra? I don’t need my games to run on max settings at 1080p, so it may be a waste of money for me.

junky
    Keymaster

That’s a good question but the answer is really depends on meaning of “worth” (let’s keep the other words out of it for now):

1. In terms of performance/price, then a GTX 1060 (even the 3GB variant) will be better for $200-$300 CAD in almost any case. The 1060 3/6GB delivers around 35-50% higher performance on average (depends on the game, CPU, drivers, etc.). So I’d say that up to 35% jump in price won’t hurt the performance/price ratio, even at the worse case.
    2. Moreover, many GTX 1060 equipped laptops will be more feature rich than the 7567 (which is rather dull). For example, some will have a Type-C USB port, TB3 port, M.2 NVMe port, included IPS display, GSync, and such.
    3. However, if you are asking if *you* need it, that’s another question and barely related to the price. If you are ok with some games running on medium settings@1080p, then a GTX 1050 Ti will be excellent and many games will even run on max graphics settings.

If you can get the 7567 for $750 AND 10% cash back, it’s probably worth it for the meanwhile

dave1293
    Participant

Hey Junky, what do you think about this laptop deal here? This is the cheapest a GTX 1060 laptop has come to in Canada. Also, do you see GTX 1060 laptops dropping to $800 USD or at least below $900 in the future? If there is a GTX 1060 laptop for under $1200 CAD due to price reductions in the future, I will be willing to wait, otherwise they will definitely out of my budget if that never happens.

junky
    Keymaster

Well, $900 CAD? no, I don’t think so, at least not while there are considered current generation

Are you sure that the Newegg price is final?

dave1293
    Participant

I was asking if GTX 1060 laptops will be $800 in the USA in a few months. I have seen the same sale on newegg a few weeks ago at the same price.

junky
    Keymaster

oh, sorry. The FX502VM was available for $900 not long ago, with a GTX 1060 3GB, so..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.