ASUS FX502VM Screen replacement!

Home Forums Gaming Laptops Forum | Just Ask ASUS FX502VM Screen replacement!

This topic contains 152 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  junky 4 hours, 6 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 153 total)
  • Author

atomiccelery
    Participant

I didn’t have any problems from the Ebay seller on the link I posted *page 3 or 4*. Just ask him if he has those in stock specifically. And yes the swap is worth it 1000% over. FPS shooters are a joy to play now, and this laptop never dips below 120 FPS on Overwatch. Any picture or video wouldn’t do it enough justice, and I’m not going to put the old one back on to show before and after videos. Just know, that if you haven’t done this already you are missing out.

Hamzoro
    Participant

Right that sounds good, for people interested I will ask the seller what the difference is between the one you bought atomiccelery, and the one he has listed specifically for the FX502VM.

Personally I will wait until the 120hz IPS panels are back in stock (2 weeks). The seller has reserved one for me now.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Hamzoro.

Peteraa1
    Participant

When taking about laptops, we first look at its specifications. People never consider user experience which is possibly the most important factor for any mobile device.

atomiccelery
    Participant

Yeah, I knew what I was getting into when purchasing this laptop.. I just wish I had bought the GSYNC version and swapped that panel to 120hz.

DumSkidderik
    Participant

Registered just to chime in here 🙂

The stock panel really is the most awful TN panel I’ve seen in years 🙁

I just swapped mine for this 120Hz panel here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/401362512029

B156HTN05.2

I can report the panel does run 120Hz with pretty good colors and viewing angles for a TN, reminds me of my BenQ XL2420T desktop monitors i use daily.

The brightness however is stuck on 100%, ah well. Don’t use it in dark rooms anyway.

junky
    Keymaster

The brightness thing could be a driver issue, actually (but not sure)

DumSkidderik
    Participant

Yea figured as much, reinstalling the newest Nvidia driver in a moment

junky
    Keymaster

I’m actually not sure the newest drivers will do it. Sometimes you need some old version – maybe you can find some info googling it

spyke_15
    Participant

I also had the brightness issue but was solved with latest Nvidia drivers

DumSkidderik
    Participant

Newest drivers won’t even let me use the display, have to connect an external over the mDP port :/

Trying 381.89 now, which drivers did you use?

DumSkidderik
    Participant

Whatever I do, anything above 378.78 gives me a black screen 🙁

junky
    Keymaster

Did you try full shut down + bios reset?

DumSkidderik
    Participant

Yup

junky
    Keymaster

Hmm.. not sure

1. Try these – these are compatible with the Eurocom X4e2 which has the same display as an option
    2. BTW, did you get this exact model, or a compatible one?

j.soul
    Participant

Will the Asus Zephyrus GX501 screen compatible on the fx502vm? I can confirm the GX501 screen does have gsync but not sure if it would fit.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.