ASUS FX502VM Screen replacement!

Home Forums Gaming Laptops Forum | Just Ask ASUS FX502VM Screen replacement!

This topic contains 214 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Morg977 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 211 through 215 (of 215 total)
  • Author

Morg977
    Participant

Hello, I bought the FX502VM on Black Friday in 2016, like I’m sure many did. I read through this thread and decided to buy the Samsung Ltn156hl06 from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Ltn156hl06-Replacement-Substitute-LTN156HL06-C01-LTN156HL06-801/dp/B018O8DZYM

I haven’t received it yet (should be delivered tomorrow 01-10-18), but noticed something amiss in the details on other sites. The amount of displayed colors is listed differently on laptopscreen.com

https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/screen-part-number/LTN156HL06-C01/

Then it is on panelook.com

http://www.panelook.com/LTN156HL06-C01_SAMSUNG_15.6_LCM_overview_24666.html

So, I’m wondering which is it…A 262k color screen or a 16.2m color screen?

I know it’s PLS instead of IPS, but from what I read, there isn’t really any difference.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Morg977.

junky
    Keymaster

The panelook is the correct one probably. However, remember that the Amazon seller sold you a “replacement” or “compatible” model, meaning it could be one of the many other 30-pin eDP models..

Morg977
    Participant

Yeah, I get that there is only a chance of getting a actual Samsung screen. I’m hoping it comes from a known and decent quality brand. Had a good price so i went for it.

I picked that model screen because the colors were higher than the other models and I’m hoping that will mean a somewhat, even minor better display overall.

junky
    Keymaster

ok, we’ll see what you get

If you get some of the more typical display, perhaps you’d like to return it and get a specific model from laptopscreen

Morg977
    Participant

Got the screen and dang it is a nice improvement. The eye strain I was experiencing with the original seems to be gone. Text is clearer, colors are deeper and the screens brightness is much higher(I had to lower it). It came with no dead pixels and was easy to install. There was some double sided tape at the bottom of the bezel that ASUS put there, which made it interesting to get it off.

There were no markings to indicate who manufactured the screen, which is not a good sign, but so far it’s working great. The only part number on it matches that of the Samsung, but I doubt that indicates anything other than it’s a compatible replacement.

The listing didn’t specify Matte or Glossy, which I didn’t notice before ordering, but luckily, I got a Matte screen after all.

This screen is such a improvement that despite being an unknown manufacturer, I can’t complain. I just hope it lasts.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Morg977.
Viewing 5 posts - 211 through 215 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.