Table of Contents (in short):
Best gaming performance per price:
Lenovo Y500 with GT 650M SLI (1000$, I7 + GT 650M SLI, 1080p), MSI GT70-0NC (1220$, I7 + GTX 670MX, 1080p) Asus G75VX (1250$, I7 + GTX 670MX, 1080p), CyberPower Fangbook X7-100 (17.3″, 1235$, GTX 675MX, I7-3630QM, Windows OS), ), Dell Inspiron 15R SE (550$, I5 + 7730M, 6GB)
the names of the more interesting ones in terms of performance per price are bolded
- Y500 (15.6″), 1000$(!) – I7-3630QM + dual GT 650M GDDR5, glossy 1080p screen, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, backlit keyboard. Excellent gaming performance for the money.
- MSI GX60 (15.6″), A10-4600M, Radeon 7970M, matte 1080p screen, 8GB DDR3, 750GB 7200RPM HDD, blu-ray player, Windows OS. Excellent deal since you get a lot of gaming performance for almost any game way above other offerings.
- MSI GT7-0NC (17.3″), 1220$! I7-3630QM + GTX 670MX, matte 1080p screen, 750GB 7200RPM HDD.
HP dv6t-7000 SE (15.6″), 775$ (1080p), I5-3210M + GT 650M GDDR5, very good matte 1080p screen, 640GB HDD.
- CyberPower Fangbook X7-100 (17.3″), 1235$, GTX 675MX + I7-3630QM, 8GB DDR3, backlit keyboard, 750GB 7200RPM HDD, 1080p screen and Windows OS. Simply an excellent deal for such a laptop with such a gaming performance. I’d say it is my favorite 17.3″ high end gaming laptop.
- Y400 (14.0″), 720$- Top performance for the money with GT 650M GDDR5, I7-3630QM, 8GB DDR3 and 1TB HDD +16GB mSSD cache drive and docking bay option.
- Dell Inspiron 15R SE (15.6″) – for 550$ you get the very good Dell Inspiron 15R SE with I5 and Radeon 7730M. This is an excellent deal. The 15R SE has a good build quality and for 550$ it has no competitors. No 1080p screen though. The Samsung one has a GT 730M GPU which should be faster in some cases, though.